The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is the world's largest technical and professional organization dedicated to the advancement of technology for humanity. We're passionate about connecting engineers with opportunities and empowering our members to break into the tech industry.
What Do We Do?
- Host company "info-sessions" and recruitment fairs
- Organize workshops, events, and socials for members
- Participate in IEEE competitions and hackathons
- Teach two technical student run DeCal courses
- Technology industry internships and full-time opportunities
- Subsidized conference travel
- National IEEE competitions
- IEEE Micromouse Competition
- IEEEXtreme 24-Hour Programming Competition
- Professional development and interview skills
- PCB Design (EE 198: Hands-On PCB Engineering)
- Robotics (EE 198: Micromouse)
IEEE also hosts two classes: HOPE and Micromouse intended to provide students with practical hands on experience in the EE/CS field. HOPE teaches PCB design, which is essential for miniaturizing electronic circuits. Micromouse guides students as they design an entire robotics project from the ground up, building their hardware and software skills. More information can be found on our Decals page.
In addition to our decals, we have a strong Mentorship program where students are paired together for individualized advice in topics including -- but not limited to -- courses, career choices, and great opportunities to take advantage of. In our mentorship program, underclassmen are paired with upperclassmen that match their technical and social interests.
We also provide alumni mentorship where members are paired with a Berkeley IEEE alumni member to gain 1:1 mentorship and guidance.
Starting in Spring 2021, we provide drop-in office hours with our senior IEEE members to quickly answer any questions that come up!
Join Our Community
- Social events + discord
- Members’ Slack
- IEEE-specific jobs and opportunities
- Course advice, #gym, and more!
- Resume book
- Community outreach
- Alumni benefits
What's In It For You?
Aside from access to all of the opportunities above, you will have access to a vast network of students at Berkeley and alumni across the world in a vast array of fields. Additionally, you will be part of an international network of professionals in IEEE through our national organization where you can connect with others on a global scale. Most professors at Berkeley have been involved with IEEE through research, membership, and conferences!